Advent MEC's Probablygoingtogethatedofrthisshitbutwhatever Application

Go down

Advent MEC's Probablygoingtogethatedofrthisshitbutwhatever Application

Post by Revenant on Fri May 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Please note that this application is probably a heavy work in progress; I am expecting everyone to go into uproar and call me a huge fucking idiot but Piano said I could do it and I'm not exactly known for being smart so here we fucking go.

I thought I should also add another disclaimer about this character and the Task Force. THIS CHARACTER WILL NOT JUST TURN OUT OF THE BLUE AND BE PART OF THE TASK FORCE. The character will instead be introduced properly by an event so that its introduction and involvement on the server makes sense. Just figured I should clear that up before anyone thought I was just applying to have it turn up like everyone else.

Steam Name: Advent MEC

Steam ID: It's around on the forum somewhere.

Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ADVENTMEC/

How long have you been rping: I should be retired.

How did you find us: Bugging people.

Have you been banned from Singularity Gaming: Not yet. I'm guessing this app might just do it.

_

Name: I don't actually have a name.

Species: Collector

Why do you want to roleplay a character of said species?: I have no personal regard for my safety, respect or sanity. I just want to see how this goes and probably kill myself because of this very application.

How familiar are you with it?: I'm not an expert but I'd like to think I'm not utterly clueless.

MOS (Military Occupational Specialty): Rifleman (If anything)

Why do you want to roleplay within said MOS?: Because I think being an Awakened Collector is special enough, I don't need anything extra to get those additional snowflake points.

How OOCly familiar are you with the topic? (Ex. Combat Medic - OOC Knowledge of Medical Procedures): I can shoot things good.

You do understand as this is a private server and you have filled out a Application you can be removed from the Server or have your Character taken away within reason at any moment: Of course.

Do you understand that any medical disabilities your character has would be present on a work form - And thus may make your character ineligible for a job in the Military?: You got it.

Are you also aware that this is a Joint-Task-Force Military, and that your character will be held to the standards of a soldier?: I gotcha fam say no more.

Two Paragraph Backstory - Five to Seven Sentences per Paragraph.

I'm ready to fucking kill myself, did I mention that?

“Pydh! The Reapers, they are coming! What about the others? Where are the others!?”
“..I do not know, Xurat. What I know is that we cannot stand idly by whilst they bring us to our knees. We fight to hold what little we have left.”
“You don’t mean-..”
“I do, Xurat. The Reapers will not stop until we all perish. We must buy time for those trying to reach the life pods. The Reapers must not touch them.”
“...For the Empire, Pydh.”
“For the Empire.”

50,000 years ago, the Prothean known as Pydh stood alongside the remainder of his people during the Reaper invasion that ‘wiped out’ the Protheans. Whilst Pydh stood his ground until he was eventually defeated, his final thoughts would be of the Empire he once proudly served, the one he lived and died for. His home.

The once fresh air of Eden Prime was replaced by the smell and sounds of war. Pydh alongside the remaining Prothean soldiers in his sector held their position valiantly. With wave after wave of Reaper forces throwing themselves at the small remaining group, with each wave, another Prothean fell. As the Particle Rifle beams ceased one by one, Pydh found himself the last one left. He fought as bravely as his comrades before the Reaper forces eventually managed to land a lucky strike, leaving Pydh surrounded by the aftermath of conflict.

His dying breath and thoughts plundered his memories of his service to his people, the knowledge he had accumulated. The memories came in waves; the primitives that he had studied and watched, his friends, his rivals and finally his fate. Whilst he had fallen in service to the Empire, gently whispering under his breath as the Reaper forces washed over him to attack his comrades; he knew it was over and that there was nothing he could do. There was no worry, there was no fear and there was no fury; only peace… Or so he thought.

His service had ended and his new ‘life’ had began, as the body he once clung onto was quickly processed by the Reapers… Pydh was no more.

What lies the Omega 4 relay, not much is known. Whilst many ships try to travel through to the other side only to never return, leaving only speculation as to why they have disappeared. There is yet one race who come and go freely through the relay; the collectors. With little known about them, as little as what lies beyond the Omega 4 relay; it is a enigma many do not wish to solve.

Many years later, a new collector drone stood ready, enthralled into the service of the Reapers. Just like the rest of its kind it stood no different from its counterparts, acted no different. It was however, created to do great things for the wrong master. It had no name, merely a purpose; a purpose that was at the discretion of the Reapers. Its masters to which it gave its undying loyalty; until it perished.

Its time without purpose was short, seeing no need for anything but what the collectors were known for by the rest of the galaxy. Provided with the knowledge to fight and serve like many of its counterparts, this collector in particular showed no variation or abilities that varied from the rest of its race. It took only a mere matter of years before it was ready to begin its service, ready to do whatever was asked of it. The drone had no choice in this matter, there was no other option. It was service or the consequence of not doing so; it was a pawn for its General and the greater ones above it from its first few breaths after all, why would it know any better?

It began its path as many of its kind had alongside him; a simple drone in the hive-mind of the many. Its leaders simply gave it orders and it carried them out to the letter; there was no error, no mistake, only the orders that it was given to it. Over its lifespan, the drone found itself in the Terminus system regularly; assisting with deals with outsiders and strangers to the drone but never questioned or asked about them; it was not its place to do so, especially when the General gave it orders. What it did gather however was what it was able to see during its visits outside of the Omega 4 relay; as time went on, the drone grew more and more knowledgeable about the galaxy outside of its home though the contribution to the hive and its masters was the only thing that mattered. It was all the drone existed for, after all; a service until death or expiration.

Wherever its masters required the drone, it followed with blind obedience. Time was meaningless to the drone, it simply went on as ordered to. The drone was one of many that targeted Fehl Prime for its human population; escaping the risk of death on the Collector base when Commander Shepard and his crew attempted their ‘suicide mission’. With the loss of the base, the force fell back to join the Reapers to pool for the invasion of the galaxy a year later alongside additional Reaper infantry. The drone stood amongst its masters, waiting patiently and idle for the time that it would be sent forth into the Galaxy it once visited to arrange trade deals with the populace; only this time, the drone would offer little more than combat, a change to the usual technology the drone and its race once offered.

A year later, the drone was thrust into combat as its masters began their attempt of starting a new cycle. It served upon many battlefields, leaving only chaos and destruction in its wake. The drone kept fighting, kept obeying the will of its masters; there was to be no rest until its orders were completed. Planets and people fell beneath the feet of the drone and its masters; for a time, they even seemed invincible. The cycle’s renewal seemed in sight as the Reaper forces kept marching on against the helpless, slaughtering and destroying everything in their path.

The drone found itself fighting on yet another battlefield; the details mattered very little to it, that information was not of concern to the drone or its masters. What mattered was its orders and its ability to follow them. Advancing alongside other drones, the advance did not stop; yet another world was about to fall beneath them…

That was, until the change. The memories came flooding back, the past lives… The Empire.

Empire.

In a matter of moments as the drones fell lifeless all around, this one in particular rose up amongst the select few, the drones allegiance was no longer with the Reapers, the Leviathan’s assistance of breaking free of the mental and physical bonds made sure of that. The truth of its existence now raging through its mind like a blind fury. With the assault dying off and the inhabitants of the Galaxy moving over the bodies of its former ‘race’, they were free, awakened from their slumber and blind service; there was no time to grieve and reflect. It was a time for vengeance, an autonomous agreement between those that had survived the breaking of their bonds to the Reapers. Supporting with the defence of the colony they had just minutes ago sought out to slaughter, the awakened collectors were able to help beat back the Reaper advance long enough for a fleet to arrive and assist with the fight.

And so it began, fighting to stop its former masters that it had once served without question or thought. It had no memory, no name; only a dying ember of a race to fight for.

For the Empire it had valiantly defended during its last days.

For the Protheans.

The drone, like a rare few awakened that stood alongside it assisted with the resistance against the Reaper invasion until the final battle on London. After Commander Shepard successfully destroyed the Reapers and saved the Galaxy. The collected races; bloodied and beaten, began to pick up the pieces…

But not the awakened.

For them, everything was gone, 50,000 years could not be recovered. Their Empire was nothing but dust and history. They no longer had purpose, a master… Years of blind service suddenly broken to be given independence and freedom. The awakened went their separate ways, the rare few of their race that remained went to find their destiny, a new purpose; a new fight to keep the last embers of the Prothean race burning.

For this drone, it keeps searching, knowing that one day it may find a new purpose.

Last edited by Advent MEC on Sun May 08, 2016 12:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Advent MEC's Probablygoingtogethatedofrthisshitbutwhatever Application

Post by Darius Maximus on Fri May 06, 2016 9:02 pm

+Rep, accept if feggit.
Darius Maximus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaOrr on Fri May 06, 2016 9:19 pm

+rep this is top kek 10/10 best char. 50 outta 50. I love ya mang. ALL PRAISE THE REAPERS AND ADVENT. ISIS does no wrong. Hilter was a good man. Mec is Mec.
SophiaOrr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Fri May 06, 2016 9:35 pm

watch out you have been visited by spooky app supporter skeleton.

he says '+good job on your work' and wishes you fair fortune in your endeavors. say 'thanks mr app skeleton' for good health and strong bones.

Last edited by TheMightyDRGN on Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toki on Sat May 07, 2016 7:19 am

I mean, it's a good application. I really do trust advent with a character like this, I've seen him roleplay before on multiple occasions. I know that he put quite a bit of effort into the creation of this app. He at least deserves a chance at the character.
Toki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenoxia on Sat May 07, 2016 7:57 pm

+rep for the rep god
Xenoxia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy on Sat May 07, 2016 8:21 pm

+support, would love to meet one of these IC, and such a character is in capable hands to do just that ^^
Snowy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FuryofAngels on Sun May 08, 2016 12:53 am

+support, if you can do it right. This is a very interesting kind of character, and I'd actually love to, if the need arises, hash out a few details of the character (life support/psychology/biology) because I've got quite a few headcanons and thoughts regarding awakened Collectors I'd like to share.

This was very well written, as well.
FuryofAngels

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenant on Fri May 27, 2016 5:12 pm

rest in peace space boog

may your soul rest in eternity

a tear was shed

View user profile

Back to top Go down