YOUR NAME:
"Judith Abernathy - my friends call me Jude, though."

VAULT USER NAME:
Cambrysiel

VAULT USER ID:
STEAM_0:0:138876937

"Nineteen, but imma be turnin' twenty in a couple'a weeks."

DESIRED OCCUPATION:
"Well, my G.O.A.T. score has me down for 'food and wellness', which makes sense, since I wanna work in the mess hall!"

WHAT ARE YOU GOOD AT?:
"I can play seventeen different songs on the piano!"
kind, warm-hearted, generous, helpful, pleasant, loyal
musical virtuoso, love of learning, social intelligence, humorous

WHAT COULD YOU BE BETTER AT?:
"Math. I'm really, really bad at math."
anxious, naive, emotionally-driven, overly trusting, bigmouth
childish, dyslexic, frail, meddlesome, self-martyr

ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS?:
"Oh, I've got terrible asthma, 'specially 'round animals. Thankfully, we don't have any a'those in the vault!"
Jude's got a severe case of asthma that's easily brought on by animals, over-exertion, strong perfumes and cold air.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE OVERSEER'S WORD IS LAW AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SO?:
"I dunno anybody who'd ever question the overseer!"

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT OUR GREAT COUNTRY!:
"In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation."

YOU DO UNDERSTAND YOUR VAULT MEMBERSHIP CAN BE REMOVED AT ANY TIME CORRECT?:
"Tha's a scary thought, but - yeah, of course I do!"

CURRENT EQUIPMENT:

BACKSTORY:
Judith's existence was one that was not exactly planned, yet there was never a time when she herself felt she was an accident or that she was necessarily unwanted.

Born to Marigold and Saul Abernathy, Judith was brought into a contained world of luxury. Though that didn't mean her childhood would be a pleasant one. In fact, she received a strict upbringing on the part of both parents that centered around turning she and her twin brother, Cassius, into model citizens that would serve as perfect examples of what it meant to be a vault dweller. When she was not being taught academic lessons or playing with her brother in the mess hall, young Judith could be found learning how to play the grand piano she had grown to love from the time she was just a toddler...

Hard-times fell upon the family shortly after Judith and Cassius' tenth birthday. Not all was well within the Abernathy home, as many seemed to believe. While her parent's marriage was slowly deteriorating, Judith began to feel isolated from the rest of the vault, as there were so few people her age that she could truly relate to. She began to spend more and more time studying and improving her musical abilities than socializing, which lead to a major break in her and her father's relationship. After suffering from emotional neglect from her busy parents and brother, who was busy studying for his engineer classes, Judith developed a habit of being rebellious in order to get attention. At the age of 14, Judith began getting into all sorts of trouble around the vault, though the result was always the same: negative attention from her parents - but it was attention, nonetheless.

Things only got worse over the years; and when her twin was diagnosed with terminal cancer (and later succumbed to the illness), everything changed. The incident shook the entire Abernathy family in a way that was hard to explain. Marigold was quiet for days, processing and reading, re-reading and writing. Saul busied himself with work in the medical facility. Judith sat in the music room and played her brother’s favorite pieces on loop for days. It was a long time before they reconciled everything, just weeks before Judith was bound to return to her classes - something she now dreaded and insisted wasn’t necessary. Nonetheless, she continued her courses and picked up a job working in the mess hall, where she's now most oft found.

Last edited by Cambrysiel on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:20 am; edited 3 times in total

Cambrysiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Judith Abernathy

Post by Nazz on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:05 pm

I can dig it. Considering I already read your bio through steam, I'll give yo an early support, especially considering I asked you to apply. :^)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:51 pm

There are a few slip ups pertaining to grammar here and there. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it's to be commented upon either way. As far as everything else goes, there are a few things I want to get put out into the open.

One point is that the GOAT is absolute in determining what the Vault Dweller's future will be. If you otherwise mark yourself down as being a part of waste management, then that's what you'd typically end up with. If you want to be Kitchen Staff so much, you should probably tailor the application towards that.

Next is how I want to comment on how you someone died in the Vault due to the time of year. Whilst deaths pertaining to sickness could be deemed possible, there's no actual negative ramification as far as the seasons go. This is because Vaults usually maintain a livable, ideal atmosphere which would probably be 'just right' in most circumstances.

The rest of the application is fine, otherwise. Worthy of approval and all - but those details should be taken into consideration.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cambrysiel on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:12 pm

I edited what was noted with the advice of Nazz, so I hope everything looks better now! I couldn't spot the the grammatical errors, probably because I wrote it and re-read it over and over, so if there's anything worth changing just let me know and I'll get on it Smile

** Edited to add link to character page 8/5/16

Cambrysiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum