Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RADIO ETIQUETTE

Go down

RADIO ETIQUETTE Empty RADIO ETIQUETTE

Post by MasterMedicMan Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:29 pm

So, we're getting radio etiquette. Gather 'round kids, and take a seat. This'll be a moment. So, it's come to just about everyone's attention that we lack proper radio etiquette, and likewise need to change that. In which case -- Well, I'm going to do just that.

So, starting today as I make this post, we'll be reinstating radio etiquette, and enforcing it. Meaning, if you misuse the radio, there's going to be punishment for it. This applies on both missions, and on ship. It's not a God damn cellphone, it's a radio.

First, we're going to learn some basic prowords and the phonetic alphabet. Prowords are used in every single radio transmission. The ones I'll be listing are pretty much the most basic. I'll go over how and when you use them. The words and phrases are listed below.

COPY:

OVER:

OUT:

I SAY AGAIN:

SAY AGAIN:

RADIO SILENCE:

SILENCE LIFTED:

Those are the most basic radio words and phrases. Next, we'll move on to the phonetic alphabet.

Phonetic Alphabet:

The phonetic alphabet is used when you're spelling things out, reading identification, and so on. For example, say during a mission, I pick up an access card and I relay the number/letter code to someone, and the number/letter code was this: 25N8V4.

I'd read it to someone as the following, all spelled out and such, "Two-Five-November-Eight-Victor-Four." Don't condense numbers to "Twenty-Five," or whatever. Say them individually.

There's your very concise and basic 'radio etiquette.' Now stop using the radio like it's a God damn telephone, otherwise you'll be punished at an NCO/CO's discretion. Doctors are not immune to radio etiquette. They must follow it like everyone else.

One last point I'd like to touch up on. You may not yell over the radio on the ship. You're to keep calm at all times, save for when you're in active combat.

To recap, or even go ahead to state a thesis -- which is supposed to go in the beginning, but eh --

Don't use the radio as a cellphone. It's not. It's a professional comms system built to be used professionally, not like a damn Skype Call.

Please refer to this video, as it explains it very simply.

MasterMedicMan
MasterMedicMan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum