Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I saw we have some new quarian models?

+4
Revenant
Pianotugboat
Arglack
Filtershakes
8 posters

Go down

I saw we have some new quarian models? Empty I saw we have some new quarian models?

Post by Filtershakes Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:49 pm

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670022830

Every quarian character on the server except for Zar sucks.

Learn to write flaws into your character. (Actual ones)

(Nice models though, lovely work.)
Filtershakes
Filtershakes

Back to top Go down

I saw we have some new quarian models? Empty Re: I saw we have some new quarian models?

Post by Arglack Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Thats some disrespect right there
Arglack
Arglack

Back to top Go down

I saw we have some new quarian models? Empty Re: I saw we have some new quarian models?

Post by Filtershakes Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:02 pm

RxgReptile wrote:

Thats some disrespect right there

Weeaboo wet dreams aren't characters. You've been doing MERP long enough to know quarians are easily the most popular character species aside from humans- well, quarian females.

You picked your quarian cause they gots a big butt, hips and bewbs.

Am I kawaii now shepard-san?

Oh and i'll add Xeria to the list of cool quarians.
Filtershakes
Filtershakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Arglack Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:02 pm

You made a thread about new Quarian models, not about disrespecting the player base.

This is where I get off
Arglack
Arglack

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianotugboat Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Cool, so your insulting on of my characters too, and your borderline flaming a section of the playerbase, as much controversy as they bring it's still a little excessive for you to go to that extent and literally shit on peoples characters.
Pianotugboat
Pianotugboat
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenant Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Sorry dad I didn't know that you were my supreme overlord now.
Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Post by  Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:30 pm

those are some nice models and all, and should probably be added. shit, i'd use the fuck out of the hacked titanfall model if I ever got around to writing that migrant fleet marine app i've had on my backlog incase anything of mine kicked the bucket. skintight suits and shit don't strike me as ideal armor for some sort of ground force fucker.

but on the other hand - that's p. harsh yo. generalizing and shit doesn't fly. hell if i know why you decided that this'd be the ideal place to put that agenda across.

Last edited by TheMightyDRGN on Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Satan Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:35 pm

Yes, let's comment on how everyones Quarian sucks.

Let's not forget the Volus that acts like a five year old.
Satan
Satan

https://singularitygaming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Humpy Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:38 pm

ololololo sw33t bait br0

u rly gottem!!!!! XDDDDD
Humpy
Humpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterMedicMan Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:55 pm

all of the bait
who's gonna take it
MasterMedicMan
MasterMedicMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenant Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Show me the money.
Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Filtershakes Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:01 pm

Satan wrote:Yes, let's comment on how everyones Quarian sucks.

Let's not forget the Volus that acts like a five year old.

Satan wrote:Shultz is literally based slightly off Wash from Firefly and Apollo from BSG. Other then that, he's whatever I fucking WANT him to be.

Verseus Druss.

Filtershakes wrote:

The character plays on the somewhat cyberpunk idea of a person being obsolete, only in this case it’s not due to technology or anything like that but by being biologically outclassed by other species in combat. A krogan can be a great warrior, as that’s what they’re often good at, but they can also choose to be great in many other things. For Druss however, she’d be totally outclassed by several other species through nobody’s fault, unlike in cyberpunk settings where it’s a megacorporation or just human progress, here it’s just a roll of the evolutionary dice. It leaves the character in an interesting spot as her inability to achieve her dreams is, if not blocked by, at the very least made exponentially harder by the situation fate has put them in. In a way this could be what leads to her outbursts at other species, seeing how ‘fate’ has gifted them with abilities more suited to their goals and desires, and, seeing her own shortcomings and having no place to point the finger at, she takes her rage out on others around her.

One of the other themes Druss is meant to explore, or at least try to explore, is how people become accepting of extremist ideas. The first half of this has been easy enough, simply giving her some crazy/racist/messed up views on certain topics. The other half has been arguably trickier but so far it seems to have played off in some cases in prior RP communities she’s been played in. Specifically, having some of the points she brings up to support her views be valid to an extent, or correct if seen from a certain perspective. A good example of this would be her lovely relations with quarians, most of which is simply just ‘rah our cultures are significantly different in a few ways’ however she has brought up a difficult to counter point from time to time, i.e. no significant positive contribution to galactic society. Although I’ve found it’s usually best to keep the ratio to notably more illogical points than logical ones, in order to avoid appearing ‘preachy’ OOC.

Next up is alienation, and here is where things get rather meta, in the sense that it kind of flips IC and OOC in a weird ‘timey wimey’ way. Largely in how species population numbers would seem to be skewed in Mass Effect Roleplays, due to a number of factors affecting which species players tend to pick. This did stem from the hated of quarians personality trait back when the character was still being molded, although it soon expanded to basically include most of the common species picks for MERPs. Not per se that Druss has hatred towards all of them, but rather both she feels alienated by, and alienates ‘them’. On CDN at least, this is mostly due to her being rather new to the galactic community at large, not having left Irune for any point before that, having perhaps grown up being fed xenophobic/isolationist views, or on a less serious note, perhaps she saw alien tourists in pressure suits fumbling about and got her worldview on them from that.

Romance! Yes, because it seemed like a funny idea at first three years ago, back when Druss first asked someone at a bar ‘*hssk* So where can I find some p***y around here?’ and things kind of snowballed from there. Back then, that version of Druss wasn’t a racist by any means, and was actually quite the xenophile, a trait that’s carried over to the current iteration of the character, since I think a bit of hypocrisy can always add a little believability to a character. Some of you may have noticed Druss’ penchant for hopping onto any thread involving romance, generally with some unkind words towards most posting, specifically, appearances vs personality. This is where I’ve run into some difficulty as of late as the version of the character where this trait started had a much kinder personality by comparison, and currently Druss is, both ugly in appearance and personality, so redeeming factors here have become far and few between for the character.

Although the singularity version of Druss has a few major changes, most notably her far calmer (mostly) demeanor. This is due to her now having an alignment of sorts! Before, Druss fell somewhere into the 'bad guy' end of the alignment spectrum. she still does now, but the only difference is she's attempting to be lawful good. The recent incident with the geth shows how she's self-righteous about some core ideas (i.e. geth/AI are a danger to the volus) and believes that actions that may be evil are good. Basically she's a bad guy that wants to be one of the good guys.

So yeah, hefty thought put into the character.
Filtershakes
Filtershakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Arglack Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Oh what is this, are we measuring dicks now? I'd recommend locking this topic.
Arglack
Arglack

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterMedicMan Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:19 pm

aaa
MasterMedicMan
MasterMedicMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down