Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE]

+2
Pianotugboat
Hank Handsome
6 posters

Go down

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] Empty Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE]

Post by Hank Handsome Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello. Hank here. Now one thing people on the server ask quite often is. How do I make pacs look good? Or more commonly. How do I pac? Well here I'm gonna help out with some basics. Followed by a small announcement. First off. The server uses the mass effect pac parts. Which makes your job easier. What you want to do is open pac and right click. Then. Make an entity. In this entity there's a tickable box called hide entity. Tick it. You'll go invisible. Step one done. Next. Make a model. Pick a body model you want. It could be Turian, Human, Asari. Whatever we have. In the orientation tab there's an option called bone merge. Or. Pacs best friend. Tick it. You will now be a walking set of clothing with no head. So. Find the head model you want. Do the same thing. Now you're looking alive. Finally. If you want to add the Alliance helmet. Make a model. Pick the helmet. Bonemerge. Now at the top of pac it says options. Click it. Then click Show Deprecated features. Now. Back on the model more options will have opened. One is called Bodygroup. Set the number to 1. Then below it says bodygroup state. Set that to anything from 1 to 4. Depending on what you like. And. Done. Well there's more. I'll add to this. Lastly save and click wear. When you save do not ad a full stop. For some reason it won't save if you do.

Next thing. You've probably seen people like my char Luma, Zaenna, Arglack, Xeria and others I forgot the name of walking around with very unique looking models. Well model skins. The point being is that I have the equipment to make textures at home. And I don't charge money. So. If you want something made send me a message. Add me on steam. Send a message on the forums. Anything will do. Just give details. I'm not great with face models although I could probably do tattoo's and markings. And I do not yet know how to get it onto the model. Unless you're a Quarian at which point I'm all set. But anyway. Send me a message. However. I cannot do textures for certain things like the armoured Quarian me and Zae have. Such things require IC obtaining first. There's a reason certain models have no textures in the content. So don't expect me to pimp your Atlas. Be reasonable. I'll then speak with someone who can mount it to the model.

Also. Here's an application you can do. It's first come first served. I'll get round to anyone who posts but if your app is above someone elses. You go first. Just to make it fair.

Steam Name:
Steam Profile Link:
Character name:
Character race:
Character rank:
Model(s) you wish for me to retexture (Give the gmod path.):
Fairly detailed description of what you want and how you want it:
Finally if you have one. An image mock up (not required):

Once your model is completed a post will be made like this. With an image so you can check over how it looks.

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] WGjyckX
Char name: Luma'Valla
Completed by: HankHandsome
Mounted by: Pianotugboat

Lastly. If you have advice for pac3. Feel free to post here.

Oh. And when you make a request. Be patient. Remember it's me that has to look at stuff like this.
Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] UAabGmz
If it looks like I never got your message. Or you just want to. Reply to this.

Last edited by Hank Handsome on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] Empty Re: Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE]

Post by Pianotugboat Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:17 am

I'll probably post tomorrow.
Pianotugboat
Pianotugboat
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] Empty Re: Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE]

Post by Rhodok Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] WMhpLYX

Looks like

Hanks Pac advice stuff. And Model texture requests. [UPDATE] 2104DB1A1E15C0E64DE291E869942B5833A2D768

In-game. Why does it get fucked like that?

Rhodok

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:30 pm

It probably is to do with the scaling. You want to make a material in the model. Then paste the material there. Also you'll get a bump map option as well. Paste your model there. Once that's done you need to mess around with the texture scale and angle. I'm not great at that. However. Once you get it all aligned. Go back to the model and set texture filter to 2.2.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Nobody Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Last edited by Vicious Otter on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:47 pm

I know where to get Tech armor. It's just if the player is willing to hand it to me.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Battlecreeper Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Steam Name: Battlecreeper
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064037975
Character name: Rassilia Praasi
Character race: Asari
Character rank: Specalist
Model(s) you wish for me to retexture (Give the gmod path.): addons, mass_effect_asari_pac_parts, models/elec/me_asari/head/head05.mdl
Fairly detailed description of what you want and how you want it: I want the texture of my Asari head having those 'tattoos' visible on her. https://singularitygaming.forumotion.net/t127-rassilia-praasi
Scroll down to see the image of her. Aswell hopefully I provided the right path cause I am not sure if it was the right one cause I can not open further then to addons and look at the addons folders.
Finally if you have one. An image mock up (not required):

Battlecreeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:23 pm

Praasi has been finished.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Filtershakes Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Hank Handsome wrote:It probably is to do with the scaling. You want to make a material in the model. Then paste the material there. Also you'll get a bump map option as well. Paste your model there. Once that's done you need to mess around with the texture scale and angle. I'm not great at that. However. Once you get it all aligned. Go back to the model and set texture filter to 2.2.

It's the head model. if it uses more than 1 texture it won't accept custom textures via url properly and strech them out to infinity like that. I'll post a download link for a proper working head here later that should work with the texture hank is using (about to leave for class) and instructions on how to use it.
Filtershakes
Filtershakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down