Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanks Wastelander application

3 posters

Go down

Hanks Wastelander application Empty Hanks Wastelander application

Post by Hank Handsome Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:45 pm

[Steam Username]: [TJR] Hank Handsome™
[Steam ID]: STEAM_0:1:50592883
-Species/Human or Robotic: Human.

-Character Advantages/Talents: Remember those old Western films. Things like the Good the Bad and the ugly. Where the guy would shoot a rope on a noose, snapping it and freeing the other person? She can't do that. She's quite good with her hunting rifle though. Tracker (The character knows there way around the wasteland.) Healthy in terms of physical levels. Rather skillful in re purposing scrap.

-Character Disadvantages/Weaknesses: Slightly twitchy at times from occasional Rad-Away usage due to minor addiction. Occasional withdrawal symptoms. Not particularly large (Makes taking a bullet suck.) Unarmoured to keep weight down. (Means taking a bullet or laser round sucks even more.) Slightly irradiated. Cannot read or write as well as spell. Also occasionally does stuff a vault dweller would be uneasy around so there's the weakness that it could cause her an injury from an angry dweller.  

-Faction
[Keep in mind some faction characters may be
subject to becoming event characters to prevent our server
from becoming faction wars roleplay]: Settler. Sorta. The character is a Drifter. They just keep moving. Sort of nomadic. But without the family.

-Current Equipment:
Drifter Outfit- https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/4699-0-1449358522.png
Water Canteen- https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/130/images/36558-1-1291681866.jpg
1 Radway- http://fallout4.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/RadAway.png/568388949/RadAway.png
2 Stimpaks- http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/02/4/0/5/06030621053743132.png
1 Capital Wasteland .32 Hunting Rifle- https://2img.net/h/i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac124/rams-26/f3hr.jpg
30 .32 Hunting rifle shells- http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/e/e3/32_Caliber_Round.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/242?cb=20110404232055
30 Caps- https://img0.etsystatic.com/109/0/11574694/il_570xN.867133536_2pae.jpg

-Backstory[10-20 Sentences Minimum]:
America. That was a word that brought pride among the people. I shining symbol of the Western World. A global super power. Well that was how it was. Eventually the greed and fear of the global super powers got the better of them Nuclear war. Ravaging across the landscapes. The once proud nation. Burned to ashes. Nothing but an irradiated wasteland. Though this was not the end of the story. Not by a long shot. It was simply a new chapter in human history. mankind surviving in the scrap of what it once was.

The people of the Capital wasteland were cruel. Unforgiving. You were one of a few things. Nothing more. Nothing less. Either you were part of a major faction. A bandit, Seeking personal gain over the good of others. Enjoying the life of a murderer. Or you were a survivor. If you chose to stay or go was up to you.

Lucy was part of the third group. Not a settler though. A drifter. Moving from place to place. Finding shelter for the cold winter nights. Seeking food from settlements. Or simply scrounging for it herself. She didn't usually care where it came from. Just that it was edible and not totally irradiated. Unless it was human of course. She wouldn't touch that. She'd met people that did. They described it as being addictive. She already had a minor Rad-Away problem. She'd taken it twice as a quick fix and was now every now and then feeling the need for it. Herself becoming a little more susceptible too radiation which only further caused her to use it. She'd resisted rather often as she continued to try and teach her body not to rely on it. No other problems were needed. Occasionally she'd come across something of worth. Over the years she'd found a few items. Some caps to keep her going or to fuel her Radaway problem. A turbo inhaler found near the coast of Washington DC in an old box. An old coat in an abandoned home. Radaway and stimpaks in a deserted settlement that had recently been passed through by a bandit group. An old water canteen. In good condition too. She'd even once found an old hunting rifle and a box of sixty rounds. Of which thirty had been used as well as a barrel replacement. She'd found it in an old shack. Looked to be a farmers shed of some sort. The lock was rusted shut. She'd had to push her way though the side of the wall just to get at it. Inside was a lock in better quality, She had a bobby pin on her at the time. Why not give it a go? She'd remembered being shown how. A screwdriver and a bobby pin. Get the raking angle. Poke it around a little. Twist some more and eventually click it. Done, Simple, Sort of. She got the lock open but broke her screwdriver in the process. As well as making the bobby pin far too bent to be re-used. Never the less she got the goods. The Rifle and the ammo.

Lucy had always remembered the words her parents told her when she was younger. Not words of wisdom. Parental support and affection. No, They simply had told her. "The Worlds Tough. Get used to it." She'd taken it the wrong and right way at the same time actually. In order to survive she believed she must be as tough as the world around her. It was life or death around you. Your best friend got stab you in the back. Literally if you found something of decent value. No one would ever know. Or care. You'd walk home, Act up set and say. "Old Billy got taken by a Deathclaw." No one would even consider hunting down this "Deathclaw." Nobody was that stupid. Lucy wasn't either. If she could deal with the problem she would. if it was way over her head. Turn and walk away. There's always tomorrow. She didn't know her parents very well. But she remembered their advice clearly. Maybe this was a survivors instinct? Block out info which stands in your way. Remember that which will help you. How to tie your shoelaces properly will help you. How to get ask a stranger for help may help you. Sneaking into a deathclaw den to study its sleeping habits most likely won't help you. So why bother? Dealing with robots? The power cell may sell but is it worth the risk? Besides it's not like you can use the weapon the robot had.

Look out for number one. Most would consider themselves number one. Natalie was no different. A selfish ideal to a few. But to those of the wasteland it was all they knew. Lucy believed this was all there was too it? The only remaining people were like her. or similar to her. She had n knowledge of nearly 200 year old vaults buried underground with dwellers still holding onto the methods of the old world in. She never had any intention to meet anything like this. Nor did she want too. She wanted to survive and she was doing a pretty good job at it. Travelling across Maryland. However this would change. When one day she'd eventually meet her first blue and yellow suited friends. (When they get out the vault). Who knows. Maybe she'd help teach them the ways of the wastes. Maybe they'd see her as a threat and attack. Or maybe she'd watch them carefully. Hiding every time she was even slightly certain one had seen her. This is for deciding at a later date.

(PS: I left things out of this backstory. Like what she did as a young kid and all the tiny details like how she learnt to speak English. I wanted this app to portray the characters personality and larger life choices more. Give a feel for what they were like. Not a run down of every minor moment. I'd prefer to have this stuff come up at a later date. have people want to know where they came from. instead of looking at the app and saying. Oh they're from here.)

[DISCLAIMER - INCLUDE HOW YOU GOT YOUR GEAR
IN YOUR BACKSTORY]

Last edited by Hank Handsome on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Hanks Wastelander application Empty Re: Hanks Wastelander application

Post by  Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:33 pm

There's a difference between an OOC application and ICly knowing something. There are some things Administration has to know, but the choice of what you do is ultimately up to you. It won't change how it's judged however, but this is close to checking out - however, there's an inconsistency as far as lore is concerned.

Anyone savvy with the older Fallouts will understand that Jet fucks you over. There's no 'minor' addiction, it was made with the intent purpose of being a small but incredibly addictive high. Withdrawal wouldn't really be 'occasional' as much as it would be crippling and constant, and it would detract from your listed 'Healthy physical condition' quite severely.

Whilst I can understand that you're probably keen on including this as a flaw for your character to offset other things, or maybe to just make it a part of the character's dynamic. It's been misrepresented. I'd like to see this amended, either by representing it properly or replacing it with something else perhaps. It's up to you what you do, those are only suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:30 am

Before I completely change the form of chem this character is into could I ask the question of in our fallout 2 timeline has the Antidote for jet or Addictol been created yet. If not I'll look for something else to use. In terms of drugs it seems in game to only have a 30 to 50% chance of complete addiction. Although I'm not sure if that differs lore wise. I'm still going to look for a different chem to add the character dynamic and balance things out a little but any advice on Fallout chems would be useful.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:44 am

If you look it up, you'll notice that regular Chems run the course of addiction over seven days in game (or nine days of non-use). Whether or not this is for gameplay purposes, I don't know. But what I do know is that Jet addictions are supposed to never run their course, and a cure was necessary to actually get rid of it.

Considering the Cure for Jet Addiction was made on the West Coast during the Chosen One's ventures, and how we're set just before the start of his estimated time of departure from Arroyo. You would be shit out of luck, for lack of better terms.

Addictol is just a convenience added in Fallout 4 which contradicts a lot of lore set out by the prior games and information from the Fallout Bible. It shouldn't really have any presence in the Fallout games, so there's no chance you'll ever come across any. Ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Okay I'm adding something else. In game it only has a 20% chance of addiction so taking that as a sort of hint that minor addiction is a thing for it.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Edited. If it's still wrong I'll give her an alcohol issue. Also if questions are needed about her backstory further than this I'll be happy to add or PM them for admin purposes.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazz Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Note that 20% chance is still 1/5.
Nazz
Nazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Of course. The character has taken it twice in her life. So far she's not got a major problem with it but if she takes it in the servers future I'd end up rolling or something.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by Hank Handsome Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Altered once more having listened to some newer device. Turbo addiction replaced with Radaway addiction.
Hank Handsome
Hank Handsome

Back to top Go down

Post by  Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:22 pm

-snip-

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down