Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated

3 posters

Go down

Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated Empty Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated

Post by Darius Maximus Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:29 am

Steam Name: Russian Ivan.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40260647.

Profile Link: *This link smells like vodka*

How long have you been roleplaying?: For over than 11 years. Starting from custom-made table-top games with friends in childhood, continuing then with countless russian forum games and then over than 5 years in Serious Roleplay Garry's Mod servers.

How did you find us?: Long search through Steam Groups led me to good fella, named FuryofAngels. He linked me this Forum.

Have you been banned from Singularity Gaming?: Nope.avi

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Name: Abbas Orinquo.

Species: Turian.

Why do you want to roleplay a character of said species?: Even though, i have a general interest in pretty much all alien species and feel like it's interesting challenge to play as one, i'm personally love Turian race the most. I've been raised in family tree, where almost everyone in male line was a military at some point, so i'm feel close to their militaristic culture. I adore how their society function, when every citizen works as one, when everyone(almost) treat each other as brothers and sister. I love that turians absolutely hate any form of lie and hypocrisy. I'm in love with the fact, that turians are free from gender and appearance stereotypes, which makes me feel even closer to them. And in the end, both male and especially female turians are good example for me, that you don't need to have, pardon my vulgarism, pare of tits or Apollo(which is incredibly hypocritical of me to say due the fact, that i'm applying for a ripped turian, buuuut, you know...) body to be beautiful.

How familiar are you with it?: I'm played first Mass Effect with both DLC's. I'm Played Mass Effect 2 with all DLC's on, both Paragon and Renegade way, with all possible outcomes. I'm Played Mass Effect 3 with all DLC's on, replayed it many-many times to got all the possible outcomes and also have a fairly big amount of time spent in Mass Effect 3: Multiplayer. I've read all the comics, and rereading both russian and english versions of Wiki quite often. So, i'm assume that i'm know pretty much everything that BioWare revealed and told about Turians at this point.

MOS (Military Occupational Specialty): Turian Vanguard.

Why do you want to roleplay within said MOS?: As every male in our country, i was drafted in Russian Federation Army and served there for one and half year. Because of my physique and tall height, i was trained in Airborne Forces, so i'm rather skilled in middle/close range combat with and without weapon and in parachute drops; I want to play as Vanguard, because it would be interesting to try my knowledge of close range adaptive combat in sci-fi environment of Mass Effect universe.

How OOCly familiar are you with the topic? (Ex. Combat Medic - OOC Knowledge of Medical Procedures): As Private in Reserve, i'm familiar with physical limits of soldier and also i've read alot of the material about Biotics and how exactly they work, and familiar with pros and cons of it. I'm well rounded in CQC.

You do understand as this is a private server and you have filled out a Application you can be removed from the Server or have your Character taken away within reason at any moment?: Yes, i'm understand and i'm agree with these terms.

Do you understand that any medical disabilities your character has would be present on a work form - And thus may make your character ineligible for a job in the Military?: Yes, i'm understand and i'm agree with these terms as well.

Two Paragraph Backstory(For Returning players it is only one Paragraph), Five to Seven Sentences per Paragraph.

Side Note: I do understand, that this is a little too ambitious to go for the Biotic Slot in roster right off the bat in the first application, but i will try to do my best to not let anyone down! Also, sorry for posting this topic in wrong forum section. My bad. Also, this is relocated version of application, due new update in application format.

Abbas was born in 2164 in a distant turian colony Tridend, located in Hades Gamma, Dis system. His father, like many other turians, was the most common and generic soldier who served on 26th Armiger Legion, based in space of Palaven. Abbas' Mother, on the contrary, was a mining engineer at the element zero mines. Despite the long periods of separation and short meetings during leave warrants, Orinquo couple was happy with their relationships. "The needs of the group outweigh that of the individual.", as they say.

Once, on one of such short meetings, a miracle of love happened. Despite the concerns, and even some physical discomfort, his mother continued to work at the mine, because trading of element zero was essential for the colonial economy. As a result, eleven months after, the small, quiet, and cold colony got one more hungry mouth to feed. And according to some folks, a very hungry one. His mother quickly noticed, that Abbas had a rather fast metabolism and a large appetite. Truth be told, it was acceptable to him, because he was a rather big and physically strong child since very birth, and by the age of six he was helping his mother in the work on the of extraction of resources from mine. One day, while working with his mother at the mines, Abbas for the first time in his life, unintentionally, revealed his biotic abilities. When he quarreled with the neighbor's children because of some childish nonsense, out of anger, he with all his strength struck his fist on a the small stone boulder, which caused a little biotic explosion, causing the boulder to fly apart into pieces. Of course, he tried to hide it from his mother, fearing punishment. But his mother just hugged him and said that he was going to have a great future.

"Always hold on to your friends and family." - his father told in numerous video-feeds over the Extranet. "Look around yourself, Abby. Every life form is unique. Every each of them have their own World. And each World are endless source of knowledge. Despite doubts and differences, remember - everyone in this Galaxy is your Family. Help them, and they will help you. Only through Unity you will find your way into prosperity." - his mother told him once. These words were forever imprinted in his mind.
By mutual consent of both parents, when Abbas reached the age of 10 years old, his father came to the colony to take his son to study at the Military Academy on Palaven, so he was able to grasp all the necessary skills and be fully ready for military service.

At the age of 15 years, as befits any other young turian, Abbas joined the Boot Camp, honing their military skills, as well as developing further his uncommonly big physical strength and muscles. His training at the Academy, as well as service in the Camp did not stand out among others, and was fairly generic and uneventful, except, maybe, his habit to stay longer in the gym and beat the living crap out of his colleagues in a friendly sparring.

Upon reaching the required age, and after passing an interview with officers from Boot Camp, Abbas was enrolled in the "Cabal" division, continuing his training there, perfecting biotic skills on practice in pre-battle type of scenarios . Seeing his outstanding physique, his mentors have chosen him a little different way than other fighters of "Cabal" squad - they began to develop him a classic Vanguard. Breaking and bringing him it to physical and mental exhaustion, pushing him further, giving even greater impetus to his biotic abilities. Despite all the difficulties, as a result, Abbas has managed to show himself perfectly, conceding to his comrades in subtlety and dexterity, but surpassing them in strength and damage to the enemy.

Despite all the difficulties and hardships of military service and training, especially those inherent to division of "Cabal", distrust and sidelong glances at him during training in the academy and in training camp, Abbas always kept vigor and firmness of spirit, as well as friendliness to others, encountering difficulties with a smile on his face.

After two years of its service 79th Turian Fleet, Reaper Invasion happened, and, like almost all the fighters "Cabal" unit was called to Palaven. Here, Abbas was enrolled in Special Task Forces, defending Firebase "Condor" on one of the moons of Palaven, where he received invaluable combat experience, and one even more invaluable thing - friends, fighting in battles with the strongest enemy Galaxy had ever seen.

Shortly after the war,among general devastation, Abbas has made perhaps the most important achievement throughout his military career - he finally was able to update his omni-tool to version 5.478! Yay!

Last edited by Darius Maximus on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darius Maximus
Darius Maximus

Back to top Go down

Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated Empty Re: Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated

Post by Xenoxia Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:18 am

This hurts to read. The colours...
Xenoxia
Xenoxia

Back to top Go down

Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated Empty Re: Russian Ivan Character Application - The Madness Begins, Relocated

Post by Darius Maximus Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 am

Xenoxia wrote:This hurts to read. The colours...
What exactly you don't like? Blue?
Darius Maximus
Darius Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianotugboat Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:46 am

The lack of time i've spent updating the roster hurts me, but we've recently recieved a cabal vanguard believe it or not. I'd suggest messaging me around.... eh 12:00 am EST so... its 7:46 est now
Pianotugboat
Pianotugboat
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Maximus Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:46 am

Pianotugboat wrote:The lack of time i've spent updating the roster hurts me, but we've recently recieved a cabal vanguard believe it or not. I'd suggest messaging me around.... eh 12:00 am EST so... its 7:46 est now
Aaaalright, i guess. By the way, any way you could delete This old post?
Darius Maximus
Darius Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianotugboat Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:16 pm

The accepting has begun, you'll be added to roster and moved to the accepted section. Speak to one of the admins or me about the password
Pianotugboat
Pianotugboat
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down