Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gentleman Jay's Nerd Combat Engineer thing

2 posters

Go down

Gentleman Jay's Nerd Combat Engineer thing  Empty Gentleman Jay's Nerd Combat Engineer thing

Post by Gentleman Jay Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am

Steam Name: Gentleman Jay
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:32663225
Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025592178/
How long have you been rping: Jeez, four to five years at most
How did you find us: Piano and the old fella's, they told me, I joined, I love it and now I am making a new char Smile
Have you been banned from Singularity Gaming: I hope not Razz

_
Name:
Species: Female
Why do you want to roleplay a character of said species?: The human species is always a good choice for any MERP server, mostly thanks the ability to make so many choices of characters from the selection of countries and stereotypes we have made of ourselves. Also because well, it's a human and who understands us the best? That's right, us.
How familiar are you with it? The Human species? Well I sure hope so considering I believe I am one, then again do you lot have two balls rather then six? Hm...
MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) Combat Engineer, Hacker
Why do you want to roleplay within said MOS? Because being an engineer means you get quite a few choices for great passive roleplay as you got around fixing objects and setting up defences. Also it allows the player to think rather then just shoot a gun in the frontlines.
How OOCly familiar are you with the topic? (Ex. Combat Medic - OOC Knowledge of Medical Procedures) Combat Engineer? Sadly I only have a basic understanding, then again thanks to Mass Effect's vast lore, it is quite easy to think of something up rather then actually have a large understanding of how everything works. With hacking? Well the same manner applies. I never hacked myself but thanks to our setting it is quite easy to make up and act out on what I think of.
You do understand as this is a private server and you have filled out a Application you can be removed from the Server or have your Character taken away within reason at any moment: That I do, playing here for a few weeks or so has made me learn this lesson well and understand it well enough.
Do you understand that any medical disabilities your character has would be present on a work form - And thus may make your character ineligible for a job in the Military? I understand that as well
Are you also aware that this is a Joint-Task-Force Military, and that your character will be held to the standards of a soldier? Yep, again it is a lesson I have already learned and am happy to keep up.
Two Paragraph Backstory - Five to Seven Sentences per Paragraph.

In Vancouver, Australia, the wails of a new born baby girl would sound though the halls of the rather busy hospital, understandable since the War had ended only a few weeks, it had been something amazing really, a simple IT man and his loving Alliance soldier wife had been able to find time for themselves and born a child in such a war torn environment and the end that seemed so close. She was a beautiful, healthy child. Rather odd bronze eyes, a light pale skin tone, but hinting at a darker tone slowly pushing in. A small tuff of brown hair on her head. When she was cradled in her mothers arms, she was named. Madeleine Daisy. An odd name for a odd girl. She grew up in what remained of Vancouver, the city had been hit hard like all major cities, luckily the city itself was slowly growing tall, Alliance hard at work to repair the damage, everyone was usually stuck inside tents, moving up to quickly built apartments, that was the case for Daisy and her family, however this did not distract her unlike her parents, she was an intelligent child, a naïve but excited and happy girl. While her family wasn't really able to provide for the girl she was able to go to a quickly raised school, most of the kids themselves had one or non parents and where, respectably aggressive and easily angered. However Daisy was if nothing stubborn and slowly broke down the walls, even so young she was able to break out the laughter and smiles for the once ill struck children. This is how she was raised, happy. Showered with love and liked by her friends and other classmates, respected by her teachers. However that would end when her mother was struck down during Daisy's young teens, killed in a gang shooting, a simple fact of wrong place wrong time. It was a hard time, her mother had been loved, well liked by the community and a Alliance tech who worked to actually fix the damage, much like the rest of remains. In order to try and improve the teen's sudden depressed altitude, her father brought her gifts, exotic toys and such, he was more surprised to come into her room one day to find the toys split apart in a neat fashion, the teen with a smile on her face as she worked on the toys to find out what made them fix.

After a few years, she made though high school with high marks and went right towards college, where again she was able to make high marks in technology and computer science. During this time the nineteen year old wondered what she wished to do, she already had friends, a few girlfriends along with a loving father who supported her choice no matter what, is during the next month that she applied for the Alliance and was quickly accepted, the training was rough for such a short thin teenager, but she quickly proved to be stubborn, starting off as the weak link but making it up first though her understanding of military technology and weapons, along with her abilities at hacking, both terminals and Omni-tools. After making the cut with the physical side of her training she was, to her annoyance sent to work with the Alliance Intelligence, some would of thought this a great move, a high paid job, not when you are mostly stuck in a office that slowly sucks the life out of you while you work with the Alliance pay salary and accounts. So it was no surprise that after a few years of doing what she did not expect she leapt at the chance to join the a Task Force that did good, the fact that she was only twenty one and had a lack of experience with Alien species faltered her, but once more the stubborn side refused to back down. She quickly signed up, hoping that her 'green horn' experience will not outweigh her genius when it comes to turrets, drones, hacking and all the other bonuses of being an Alliance Combat Engineer, during this time of waiting, she was forced to break up with her long time girlfriend, the two's relationship having already been strained to the point of snapping thanks to Daisy's annoyance and anger at being stuck with the Intellegence branch rather then the military branch and see her father in hospital once last time, promising to return and praying that his ill state will fix itself when she goes. A few weeks later she was exicted to learn that she had been accepted, with bags ready and uniform set, the once bored pencil pusher was actually doing so serious good, she had not killed anyone, only destroying hologram targets, but time will change anyone.
Gentleman Jay
Gentleman Jay

Back to top Go down

Gentleman Jay's Nerd Combat Engineer thing  Empty Re: Gentleman Jay's Nerd Combat Engineer thing

Post by Pianotugboat Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:11 am

A relationship amongst alliance brass would sure as hell be frowned upon, but the concept behind it is good, if you'd like to get some tips on hacking rp or engineering rp im always up and out for some good references. Accepted
Pianotugboat
Pianotugboat
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down