Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mj's Wasteland citizen application.

3 posters

Go down

Mj's Wasteland citizen application. Empty Mj's Wasteland citizen application.

Post by mjtkd Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:50 pm

[Steam Username]:tmjtkd
[Steam ID]: STEAM_0:0:41291105

-Species/Human or Robotic: Human

-Character Advantages/Talents:

A competent understanding of medical procedures and herbal remedies. General survival knowledge of the surrounding areas. Knowledge of raider and tribal tactics. Competent skill with basic firearms with slightly more experience in CQC situations.

-Character Disadvantages/Weaknesses:

Addictive personality leading to certain situations which might cause mental breakdown. Nicotine addiction which if not indulged will lead to increased agitation and shaky hands. PTSD due to past incidents which causes intense nightmares on occasions, and sometimes serious cases of flashbacks, hindering John in many ways.

-Faction

Wasteland Resident

-Current Equipment:
Leather satchel containing basic medical supplies, bandages a few stimpacks and med-X, along with some self made herbal remedies etc. Limited Basic pre war surgical tools. Bowie knife and shotgun.

If allowed I’d prefer if he could also have a 32. Revolver but I understand if not.  

-Backstory:

John Buford was born into a small caravan group who traveled from settlement to settlement looking for trade and goods. John grew up on the road never staying in one place for too long with his family. As a child he learned how to take care of the Brahmin and basic wasteland survival. When Buford was around the age of eleven his caravan came under attack and those who did not run were slaughtered by the raiders. John only survived the attack because the Brahmin he was using for cover was shot, and a portion of the carcase fell upon him both trapping, him yet also hiding him from the attackers. When the raiders had finished collecting their loot they left, leaving John trapped under the Brahmin. It was almost a day and a half till a group of travelers came upon him during their scavenging expedition. John quite sick from dehydration and possibly a fractured rib was cared for by the group who were traveling to rivet city in hopes of a new start.

Rivet City became John’s new home, he was cared for by the local doctors and slowly recovered from his ordeal. When John turned fifteen he apprenticed as a medical assistant, helping the doctors treat the local populations and learning the basic remedies. What learning material they had available he poured himself over trying to absorb as much as possible. However unlike those before him learning material was scarce and those with experience were normally too busy to teach a young man. Once he turned nineteen he decided that if he really wanted medical experience he would need to go out into the world and learn first hand, instead of waiting for snippets of information and teachings from those with a higher knowledge. He signed up with a visiting mercenary company who needed a medic to accompany them on a new contract. Since the pay was higher than a normal caravan tour John decided it was his best bet as gaining new experiences. John learned quite a bit during his time with the company, such as basic combat skills to keep himself alive, and also was presented with the opportunities to treat the wounded and or worse during their tours. The largest problem however was that John wasn’t a trained doctor, he had basic understanding on how to treat people, but that didn’t stop him from making mistakes and in the wastes no one could tell him otherwise.

Older and wiser John now was more sure of himself. His time with the mercenary group had helped him gain the experience he needed, and he decided it was now time to settle doing his best to treat a local community in need. John parted from the company and set off on his own, however on the trail he was ambushed and captured by a group of raiders. He was taken to their hideout and was placed in a pen along with several other captives. Once his belongings were searched they discovered based on his doctor's bag and surgical tools he must have been a man of medicine. He was then forced to treat the raiders wounded and keep their slaves in minimal good health so that they might be sold for a higher price.

During his time in indentured servitude John was subject to terrible things, he saw the raiders do unspeakable things to those they decided to not sell. And the infighting between themselves alone normally caused wounds and disfigurement that would keep a sane man awake all night. The screams and the cries for help kept John awake at night, as if sleep itself could lead to a worst nightmare. One day a young girl was brought to him no older than thirteen, she was badly injured her right arm was broken and it seemed she had lost a lot of blood. When John asked what had happened to her the raider merely responded that she was the bosses entertainment for the night with a smile. The girl having lost to much blood died that night in John’s care, it was at that moment that something snapped in Buford.

The next day when his guard came to check on him Buford made his escape, he stabbed the man with one of his surgical tools using his other hand to strike the man’s throat lacerating his neck. Grabbing his bag and whatever supplies he could gather he picked up the man’s shotgun and slowly crept towards the leader's den. Being still quite early in the morning the leader was asleep more than likely passed out from either drugs or alcohol. It was then John grabbed a dirty pillow and with all his strength smothered the already unconscious man. Grabbing his keys he proceeded to the holding pen, but before he could free the prisoners shouts and loud cries of anger broke out in the encampment. John fearing for his life began to run he didn’t know where he was going, but anywhere away from that terrible place seemed like heaven.

Now John Buford wanted by slavers for the death of one of their own headed towards Maryland, hearing that the swamp like territory was a safe heaven for those who never wished to be found.

Last edited by mjtkd on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
mjtkd
mjtkd

Back to top Go down

Mj's Wasteland citizen application. Empty Re: Mj's Wasteland citizen application.

Post by TheRealDeejay Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:21 pm

MJ is a fantastic roleplayer, and a lover of Clan Wolf.

So I'll toss my support in.
TheRealDeejay
TheRealDeejay

Back to top Go down

Mj's Wasteland citizen application. Empty Re: Mj's Wasteland citizen application.

Post by mjtkd Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Also sorry didn't know we weren't suppose to post new apps here. If an admin can move it I'd appreciate it, and sorry.
mjtkd
mjtkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenant Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:29 am

Backstory checks out to me alright. Seems like everything makes sense.

Had a question about the gear though; was there any specific type of shotgun you had in mind? Not sure about being allowed both a shotgun and a revolver but I suppose we'll see what the other verdicts from the admin team are.

I support this but I'm gonna wait until the others get a look at it and give their two cents before I accept or deny it.
Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Post by mjtkd Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:38 am

Pump action would be lovely. And I understand if the 32. is to much.
mjtkd
mjtkd

Back to top Go down

Post by Revenant Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:53 am

I'm sure having a shotgun and revolver won't be too much of an issue.

Accepting this unless there are any interjections.
Revenant
Revenant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down