Singularity Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yayo's Vault Chaplain Application

2 posters

Go down

Yayo's Vault Chaplain Application Empty Yayo's Vault Chaplain Application

Post by yayo Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:50 am

YOUR NAME: Tommy Oswald

VAULT USER NAME[Steam Username]:✞AVE MARIA✞

VAULT USER ID[Steam ID]:STEAM_0:1:40776559

DESIRED OCCUPATION[WHY SHOULD YOU BE ACCEPTED?]: Vault Chaplain. I am well-versed in the Bible; I have spent much time studying it. I'd like to help others become just as well-versed, and feel my speaking skills are good enough to help others hear the gospels. I wish to be but an advisor to the Vault, just a man helping people find hope and faith in the Word of God. It is important we keep the Church going after what has happened - We risk an age of decadence and immorality, alongside tribal beliefs. I believe when we open the vault, if we see anyone civilized, they will be only tribal. If you look at history, tribal beliefs bent the knee when presented the gospels, the word of God, the truth of Christ. If we are to survive, to expand, and to make friends when we leave, conversion may be a viable strategy. It will also help us here in the Vault, as we could most definitely use a dose of "Love thy neighbor."

WHAT ARE YOU GOOD AT?: Speaking and reading, alongside writing. Persuasion.

WHAT COULD YOU BE BETTER AT?: Physical fitness.

ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS?: Asthma

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE OVERSEER'S WORD IS LAW AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN SO?: Yes.

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT OUR GREAT COUNTRY!: Our great country was a bastion of freedom, democracy, and Christian values and will remain so after we emerge from the Vault.

YOU DO UNDERSTAND YOUR VAULT MEMBERSHIP[Character] CAN BE REMOVED AT ANY TIME CORRECT?: Yes.

CURRENT EQUIPMENT: A New American Bible. A copy of the Catechism.

BACKSTORY[1-2 Paragraphs MINIMUM 10-20 Sentences]: Born in the Vault to a relatively non-religious family, Tommy found himself distant as he grew up. Embarking into his father's dusty copy of the New American Bible, he found himself enthused with religion. When he read Revelation, he was especially concerned, as clearly the end that had happened above the vault was not the only one to come.

As years went by, he spent time discussing religion with his family and later his friends. The Vault was quite empty to him, so constant discussion surrounding the gospels and the Bible alongside general philosphy kept him occupied. As it became the center of his life, he became wary with what occupation he would take. Knowing that the Vault needed a Chaplain, he was still worried, not knowing if he would necessarily fit the role. His speaking skills at that age were quite bad, so he decided to work on those. Enlisting the help of his family, he practiced for years to get over his nerves to be able to speak publicly.

When he was finally able to speak with confidence, he was convinced he could aspire to become the Vault's Chaplain. However, he decided that in this role, he would not see himself as anything more then a man with a bible, seeking to spread the gospels to his fellow man in the Vault and soon the world above. There was no Church left standing as far as he could know. He would not make himself Priest, make himself anything above the every man. He had no certification - Nobody could have certification.

So, with an idea in mind, he applied for the role, awaiting acceptance or denial. He expected the former, because he didn't know of many as well versed as him when it came to religion. Of course, he hoped that by becoming the Chaplain, he could help many become just as well-versed as he was - Which was barely versed at all, when compared to the Churches before the nuclear hellfire that had sent mankind underground, temporarily.
yayo
yayo

Back to top Go down

Yayo's Vault Chaplain Application Empty Re: Yayo's Vault Chaplain Application

Post by Nazz Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:57 am

I've seen you floating between communities, but I never thought I'd get to see you again.

I'd vouch.
Nazz
Nazz

Back to top Go down